Xiaomi recently announced the Mi 4i, a mid-range phone aimed at the Indian market at the moment. The device itself is priced at around $200 and it will begin shipping starting April 10th.
It appears that Xiaomi is mostly trying to sell the “sunlight display”, one of the best LCDs to use outdoors at the moment. Under the chassis you will find a decent Snapdragon 615 – a 64-bit octa-core chip with four cores running at 1.7 GHz and the other four at 1.1 GHz. You also get 2 GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. Below is the full spec list:
- Ultra-compact unibody design
- 2nd gen Snapdragon 615 octa-core 64-bit processor 1.7GHz
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB Flash
- 5″screen, 1920×1080, 441PPI, Sunlight Display
- 3120mAh battery, 1.5 days of normal usage
- 13MP camera, two-tone flash, 5MP front camera
- 4G dual SIM, dual standby
- MIUI 6 on Android 5.0
Mi 4i has a soft touch plastic build and it will be available in various colors. It runs on Android 5.0 with a modified MiUi skin on top. The device is available for pre-order on Flipkart and it sells for Rs.12,999. There is no news regarding its availability and pricing outside of India at the moment.