TWRP updated to v184.108.40.206 today and among the improvements you will find are GUI scaling and better USB keyboard support. You usually use TWRP when you need to flash ZIP files or backup your device. The update does not bring any new device support but it does help devices which already have TWRP work better.
Below you will see the official changelog to see exactly what’s different:
- Scale the GUI – TWRP can read the theme’s resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen’s resolution
- Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
- Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
- Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
- Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
- USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
- Other small fixes and improvements
If you want to flash TWRP on your tablet or smartphone, you can check the list of officially supported devices. In order to flash the new recovery you will need an unlocked bootloader. Bear in mind, you have to be careful so that you won’t break something!