TWRP goes to version 220.127.116.11 and it shows some notable changes overall. You get some scroll bar adjustments, some keyboard and scaling improvements, that sort of thing.
- Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
- Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
- Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
- Keyboard improvements (_that)
- Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
- Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
- Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
- Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
- Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
- Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
- Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
- Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
- Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)
TWRP is usually the go-to choice when it comes to backing up mobile devices, installing custom ROMs or flashing ZIP files. In order to replace the stock recovery you will need to know if you have an unlocked bootloader and you will have to check and see if your device is supported. As always, be careful when tinkering with your phone to prevent doing damage.