The LG flip smartphone Wine Smart – nostalgia and Android 5.1.1 in a clamshell
This flip smartphone presents the usual clamshell design we’ve all loved and owned a decade ago and clads them in a variation of bluey and reddish purples. It has a 3.2” touchscreen plus a keypad with large and strong buttons. You get the usual numpad, the menu and round button, but on top of all of those you also get the usual Android buttons in physical form. You get the home button, the back arrow and the recent apps square button too.
LG Wine Smart flip smartphone specs:
- Chipset: 1.1GHz Quad-Core
- Display: 3.2-inch HVGA (480 x 320)
- Memory: 4GB ROM / 1GB RAM / MicroSD
- Camera: Rear 3MP / Front VGA
- Battery: 1,700mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 117.7 x 58.7 x 16.6mm
- Weight: 143g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 42Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / USB 2.0
- Colors: Burgundy / Navy
The device was first announced for the Korean market and it was branded LG Gentle, but now it will become available to other countries as well: Japan, Italy, Poland, France, Kazakhstan and others. No news on pricing and availability yet, but expect this to be an affordable gadget your grandparents can use to get the gist of Android.
Source: LG Newsroom