Team Win recovery project launches its version 2.8 and now the most popular custom recovery option for ROM enthusiasts gives more options than ever. Not much is changed on the outside, but on the inside you will find new features you will love if you are a ROM enthusiast.
TWRP now uses C++ based MTP implementation to give users the possibility of transferring files on microSD and emulated storage as well. New command line options were added and users can execute features via adb instead of using the touchscreen. Recovery now supports 1440×2560, 320×320 and 280×280 screen resolutions.
In version 2.8 you can find the following new features:
- Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
- Add command line capabilities – you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
- Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
- Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
- Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
- Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
- Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
- Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
- Add support for 1440×2560, 280×280, and 320×320 resolutions and update 240×240
- Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
- Other minor fixes and improvements
In order to get the new version running on your device, you can download the appropriate image to your PC or laptop, reboot your phone in fastboot mode and flash the file over a USB connection. It so happens that recovery builds can cause problems when you install new ROMs so proceed at your own risk!
[wdsm_ad id=”1484″ class=” ” ]