Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra are on their way to catch Nexus devices as, after getting an update to Android 5.0, they are now getting an OTA with some firmware improvements. Sony seems to want to fix some issues that may have appeared after the Lollipop transition and after the firmware update some other Xperia device received, it’s time for the Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra to get their fixes.
Some of the more important improvements are the ability of closing all apps at once after opening them in the activity menu and the fix of the bug that showed no service when devices actually had signal.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
The update will hit all devices in the following days depending on location and carrier so stay tuned!
Source: Sony Mobile