LG V10 was finally officially launched, and the device looks better than any LG smartphone could… depending on who you ask. The previous leaks were all (mostly) true and the device looks like a good contender on the flagship market. The dual front facing camera and the secondary display are all there, but what do they really mean? Let’s see!
What innovations does LG V10 bring to the table?
The key-points for this smartphone are the dual-front shooters and the secondary display, the front cameras are destined for 120-degree selfies because they can capture wide-angle photos with a minimum of distortion. They can also be used in creating a tri-view video where all three cameras can record images at the same time.
Secondary display – how does it work?
LG V10 was heavily teased in a video where a young lady has her bangs chopped off in a high-fashion manner. It appears that that is how the secondary display is attached to the primary one, right next to the dual cameras on the front. It can always be used , even when the primary screen is off, or it can be programmed to at as a dedicated launching area for some apps which works even when the main screen is on. The secondary display can also be useful inside specific apps like in the camera app, where you can get some controls on the mini-display.
LG made a point out of using the secondary screen as a notifier and this way you can continue to enjoy whatever you are doing on the main screen at the same time.
On a side-note, LG V10 ‘s main camera has a new trick of its own: it can capture videos manually, which means that it gives users manual control over HD, FHD and UHD video creation.
LG V10 official spec list:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor
- Display: Main – 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
- Display: Secondary – 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear – 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0
- Camera: Front – 5MP Dual Lens (80-degrees Standard Angle / 120-degrees Wide Angle)
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 192g
- Network: LTE-A Cat. 6
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: Space Black / Luxe White / Modern Beige / Ocean Blue / Opal Blue
LG’s new smartphone will be available in the US at AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile, but its release date has not been made public yet.
Source: LG Newsroom