International HTC One M9 gets maintenance update with camera, battery and heat issue improvements
Below you can see the official changelog:
- Greater auto-exposure balance to improve overexposure, so images look less washed out
- Reduction of noise and blur in low light, so images are clearer and detail is more apparent
- Reduction of yellow/green hue to photos taken in extreme lighting conditions, so colors appear truer to their actual hue
- Reduced power consumption by YouTube and Facebook, so you can stay on these sites longer or know that your battery will last longer if your site use doesn’t change
- Smart charging thermal improvement, which means your phone will stay cooler when it’s being charged
The most important improvement is the camera one that may render it more usable than before. Lots of users complained about it recently. Heating and battery life have been part of the problem as well recently, so an upgrade is good.
This OTA is a maintenance update, so don’t hope for more than the already existing Android 5.0.2. No 5.1 on the horizon yet, it will happen for US carrier versions at the end of the month so global users will have to wait for a while as well.