Huawei just launched its mid-range GX8 on the American market. The device has been around in select markets since September 2015 but in the next few months it will also start to sell in the US. There is no official pricing available yet, but the vehiculated tag is $349.99.
Huawei GX8 has been relatively popular in select markets across Europe, but its price may not be just exactly what US buyers expect. Here’s what you get for 350 bucks:
- Display: Size: 5.5 inches, 1920×1080 (Full HD)
- Operating System: Android 5.1 + EMUI 3.1
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Octa
- Memory: 16GB ROM / 2 GB RAM, microSD expandable up to 128GB
- Camera: Rear: 13.0MP AF, Front: 5.0MP
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Dimension: 152mm x 76.5mm x 7.5mm; 167 g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 ; WiFi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G ;MicroUSB 2.0 high speed
- Sensors: Accelerometer; Proximity sensor; Ambient light sensor; Compass, Fingerprint
GX8 proves to be a mid-range smartphone with a Snapdragon 615 processor and (only) 16GB of storage. The price puts this device against Nexus 5X or Moto X Pure, AND it will launch with Android 5.1, which could make it a tough sell to most customers.