[CES 2016] Huawei Honor 5X – a mid-range smartphone with a premium finish
Huawei Honor 5X was announced at CES this week and the device seems to be a budget-friendly smartphone for anyone in need of a new phone. The phone costs $199 and it is already available for pre-purchase on Amazon.
What are you getting for $199?
Huawei Honor 5X is not a too shabby phone but not flagship-worthy either. Here’s its full spec list:
- Display: 5.5 inch IPS LCD, 1920×1080 401 PPI
- Operating System: Android 5.1 + EMUI3.1
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- Memory: 16GB ROM / 2 GB RAM; Micro SD expandable up to 128GB
- Camera: 13.0 MP AF ; Front: 5.0 MP
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Dimensions: 151.3 x 76.3 x 8.15 mm; 158g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 ; Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G ; USB 2.0 high speed GPSGPS/AGPS/Glonass
- Sensors: Accelerometer; Proximity sensor; Ambient light sensor; Compass, Fingerprint
Design-wise, Honor 5X has a full-metal body with a ceramic coating, which makes it look better than a mid-range device. You can get it in silver, grey and gold and you will find it feeling pretty premium in hand. The back shows a fingerprint sensor that you can find on all of Huawei’s newest phones.
If you want one of these phones already, you can pre-oder on Amazon or you can wait until January 31st to get it from HiHonor.com. It will be available on Newegg after launch as well.