AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is getting an update to Android 5.0 today. This will probably be the last update you will get for this, but it’s better than what other smartphones are getting. The OTA itself is somewhere around 1GB and you can take it from the update menu now.
The update is a build based on Android 5.0.1, but most of the features and the UI remain the same. Samsung usually prefers its UI interface to stock versions.
Below you can see the official changelog:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/