Samsung Galaxy S4 from AT&T is getting an update to Android Lollipop today. It may not be the freshest flagship of the bunch, but people still have and cherish it. The announcement of upgrading their devices to Lollipop will surely make their day today.
Galaxy S4 remains a good and competent device, even if the media tries to tell you otherwise. Which is why it is still included in the smartphone group that still receives relevant updates.
This OTA brings the device to firmware version LRX22C.1337UCUGOC3 and it measures 947MB, meaning you would have to download it via Wi-Fi.
[box type=”shadow”]What’s changing?
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
- Removal of Code Scanner, Browser Bar and Softcard apps