ASUS finally releases Android KitKat firmware for the Fonepad Note 6 and Padfone Infinity. The new kid on the block Android L is on the way, but most devices still haven’t seen the light of KitKat yet. After a long wait with Android 4.1, Padfone Infinity and Fonepad Note 6 are finally getting their update to KitKat. In addition to usual changes, some apps are being replaced, renamed or removed altogether.
Below you can see which such apps they are.
- ASUS Studio —> Gallery
- ASUS To-Do —> Do It Later
- ASUS Sync
- ASUS Echo
- Car Home
- My Library
- My bit cast
- Watch Calendar
- App Backup
- App Locker —> integrated with Launcher
- System bar lock
- Quick Tool
- Mode Manager
- Birthday Reminder
- Floating App
The changelog for Fonepad Note 6 is found below:
ASUS Fonepad Note 6 (ME560CG) Firmware: V126.96.36.199 (for JP SKU version only 0811)
1. Upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
2. Improve modem stability
3. Update to ZenUI
4. Remove APP locker to combine into Launcher
5. Remove Device Tracker as KK doesn’t support this function
6. Remove APP backup, MyLibrary, Parental Lock, MyBit Cast & AO Link as KK doesn’t support this function
7. Add Easy Mode, Music, MyASUS, Omlet Chat, PlayTo, Quick Memo, What’s Next, Zen Links & Boost
8. After KitKat version firmware upgrade, ASUS will not provide service for downgrading to JB version.
ASUS provides downloads and instructions on its page. In order to get the new software for your device, hit the links above and make sure you take the correct version.
Photo source: Twitter